NEWS & Updates
November 18, 2013
It seems like Christmas arrives just a little earlier every year, so we thought we’d jump right in! If you’ve seen MOTHER INDIA, you know that we have a special relationship with Harvest India, who has rescued over 1,500 orphaned and abandoned children in southern India. When many of us think about Christmas, we instantly think about toys and stocking stuffers, but those types of gifts aren’t commonplace in India – especially in a children’s home. What they truly need is a new set of clothing to enjoy and be proud of.
For just $20 per child, you can provide a new outfit and special Christmas meal to an entire children’s home (approximately $500).
GIVE ONE or MORE ORPHANS A GIFT
1. Choose the # of orphans you would like to give the gift of a new outfit this Christmas ($20 per child).
2. CLICK HERE to make a donation now.
OR, GIVE AN ENTIRE HOME GIFTS FOR CHRISTMAS
1. Rally your office, church, small group, or family to pitch in or raise the money in a creative way.
2. Contact Harvest India (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know that you want to adopt a specific children’s home for Christmas.
3. Donate the amount via credit card or send one check to: Harvest India USA, PO Box 10186, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
4. Harvest India will send you a digital photo of all the children holding their gifts, and you can pass it around to everyone who donated.
How cool is that? Don’t procrastinate – get started NOW!
Category: How You Can Help, News - Leave Comment
April 17, 2013
On April 23rd, 2013, MOTHER INDIA will be released nationwide into bookstores, Amazon, and numerous other online retailers by Word Films. As a special bonus, we’re giving away two books by Executive Producer David Trotter to anyone who purchases the DVD.
Buy the DVD, and Get Two Free Books:
- Order the DVD on Amazon.
- Email your receipt to email@example.com.
- We’ll email you a special link to download the Kindle and pdf versions of both books!
Both Kindle and PDF Versions Included:
Launch Yourself: Creating a New Normal One Intention at a Time
By David Trotter
Synopsis: Do you have the life you’ve always wanted? Are you living with meaning and purpose? Are your relationships rich and connecting? Do you even know who you are and what you bring to this world? What if you re-launched your life?
For most of us, life dissatisfaction is the result of living an unintentional life. Rather than remaining ‘stuck’ in an existence you never wanted, Launch Yourself will provide you with the tools to re-launch your life with a trajectory toward true success. If you’re ready for a change in your life, you’re ready to Launch Yourself.
- Life Passions – how will you leave your mark?
- Romance – who are you partnering with?
- Community – who is walking with you?
- Money & Possessions – how will you manage your resources?
- Creativity & Play – what rejuvenates your mind and soul?
- Physical Well-being – how will you care for your body?
- Spirituality – how will you respond to the Divine?
I WILL: Learning to Follow the Revolutionary With Two Small Words
By David Trotter
Synopsis: A revolutionary is one who brings about significant change in their area of influence. To say the least, our world is in need of passionate revolutionaries – not wimpy “go along with everything” people. You may not even be aware of this, but God has given every one of us an area to influence. God has given you a family, a neighborhood, and a school or a workplace. God has strategically positioned you to bring revolutionary change in that specific place at this unique time. Our world needs people who are willing to open their eyes to the needs around them and take responsibility. Our world is in need of people who are willing to say, “I WILL.”
You may not realize the power of these two small words, but you’ve definitely seen them in action. You watched them in the footsteps of the civil rights-era marches. You heard them in action as the Berlin Wall fell. You witnessed them in the protests of the students in Tiananmen Square. You hear them unknowingly when someone chooses to respond to a need. It could be something small within your own family, or it may even be life-changing for someone in your neighborhood, school, workplace, city, or even the entire world. At some point – if there is going to be a revolutionary change for the better (in any situation), someone has to take responsibility. Someone must respond with, “I WILL!”
Category: How You Can Help, News - Leave Comment
April 15, 2013
Word Films is set to release “Mother India: Life Through the Eyes of the Orphan” on DVD April 23rd. Yes, it’s on Amazon, but it’s also in bookstores. If you can’t find it, ask for it!
Can you believe it?
Two guys who had never made a documentary before are being given the opportunity to share the stories of 31 million orphans. We consider it an absolute privilege to have stores carrying the film, but the only way to get people to pick up a copy is if they hear about it. That’s where you come in!
4 WAYS TO HELP US SPREAD THE WORD:
1. Show the Film to Your Friends – Buy it on Amazon or your local bookstore, and watch it with friends. It will inspire you, challenge you, and motivate you to make a positive impact in this world.
2. Write an Amazon Review – If you’ve seen the film, leave a quick review on Amazon – click here.
3. Post on Facebook and Twitter – Spread the word about the film. Here are a few easy-to-cut-and-paste posts you can use:
Did you know there are 31 million orphans in India? Every one has a story. Watch MOTHER INDIA > www.amzn.com/B00B2TUG8E
Follow the stories of 25 orphans living along the railway in southern India. Watch MOTHER INDIA > www.amzn.com/B00B2TUG8E
What happens when 2 guys find 25 abandoned kids living along a railway in India? Watch MOTHER INDIA > www.amzn.com/B00B2TUG8E
4. Take Action – Frankly, that’s what we’re most passionate about. The film is a documentary (not a commercial), but it is designed to motivate you to do something
– Spread the word.
– Sponsor a child.
– Serve with organizations who are helping orphans in India.
Category: How You Can Help - Leave Comment
March 9, 2013
BUY at Amazon.com
The Kids of MOTHER INDIA is a collection of full-color portraits by David Trotter featuring the 25 abandoned and orphaned children living along the railway in southern India that are seen in the documentary – MOTHER INDIA: Life Through the Eyes of the Orphan. The beautiful images capture the innocence in the eyes of each child in the midst of their struggle to survive. (Proceeds from the sale of this book fund the ongoing mission of MOTHER INDIA.)
“AWAKEN My Life”
BUY at Amazon.com
Through a raw, heartfelt essay and over 200 full color images by David Trotter captured along the back roads of rural India, AWAKEN My Life calls out to hearts deadened by the continual pursuit of “more.” Having bought into the promise of satisfaction which forever dangles like a carrot, hearts hunger and thirst for a rich and meaningful life. Perhaps your heart… Are you open to see the world in a new way? Are you ready to be awakened? May you be awakened to the needs around the world (and even in your own neighborhood). May you allow the One who created you to set a new rhythm for your heart and your life. (Proceeds from the sale of this book fund the ongoing mission of MOTHER INDIA.)
Category: Available for Purchase - Leave Comment
December 10, 2012
We’re excited to announce that MOTHER INDIA
has accepted an offer by Word Films
(A Warner/Curb Company) to distribute the documentary nationwide.
After coming across the film on Facebook a couple of months ago, a representative from Word contacted us to receive a copy of the DVD to preview. Within a few days, they expressed interest in helping us get the film into bookstores, Amazon, iTunes, and Netflix.
After researching the process and what would be in the best interest of the vision behind MOTHER INDIA, we came to an agreement with Word and look forward to working with them. They are excited about helping us spread the message of the film.
We will keep you up to date on the process as we prepare for a nationwide launch, and we’ll definitely need your help in spreading the word!
Category: News - Leave Comment