How to Provide Christmas Gifts for a Children’s Home in India
November 18, 2013
It seems like Christmas arrives just a little earlier every year, so we thought we’d jump right in! If you’ve seen MOTHER INDIA, you know that we have a special relationship with Harvest India, who has rescued over 1,500 orphaned and abandoned children in southern India. When many of us think about Christmas, we instantly think about toys and stocking stuffers, but those types of gifts aren’t commonplace in India – especially in a children’s home. What they truly need is a new set of clothing to enjoy and be proud of.
For just $20 per child, you can provide a new outfit and special Christmas meal to an entire children’s home (approximately $500).
GIVE ONE or MORE ORPHANS A GIFT
1. Choose the # of orphans you would like to give the gift of a new outfit this Christmas ($20 per child).
OR, GIVE AN ENTIRE HOME GIFTS FOR CHRISTMAS
1. Rally your office, church, small group, or family to pitch in or raise the money in a creative way.
2. Contact Harvest India (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know that you want to adopt a specific children’s home for Christmas.
3. Donate the amount via credit card or send one check to: Harvest India USA, PO Box 10186, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
4. Harvest India will send you a digital photo of all the children holding their gifts, and you can pass it around to everyone who donated.
How cool is that? Don’t procrastinate – get started NOW!